Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Ergonomic, and Environmental
Regulators, inspectors, and insurers require verification from qualified independent bodies that products and equipment comply with applicable regulations, industry standards, and both federal and local codes. LBI’s product evaluation service ensures that products and equipment, manufactured by our customers, meet and exceed all product safeguarding standards. With more than thirty years’ experience in safety certifying products, our product safety evaluations involve a comprehensive review of important safety issues such as; electrical shock, mechanical, stored energy, fire hazards, and even performance, if it is inherent to the safe operation of the product. Once the evaluation is complete, LBI will provide a written report detailing each machine’s risk factors and make recommendations for practical solutions regarding machine safety, ergonomics, proper safety label requirements, wiring practices, and etc.
When LBI is part of the design team from the beginning…safety is built into the product.
Let our trained professionals come to your site and apply their proven comprehensive safety expertise to evaluate your products and recommend a proactive solution, to reduce risk and minimize liability, reduce costs and improve time to market. We work with you closely to ensure you understand the regulation requirements as they apply to your design as well as a conceptual understanding to sell your design. Our consulting helps you to also initiate new designs more efficiently as a result of your understanding the regulations.
Environmental Health and Safety Services
Turn-key EH&S Services
- Full-time or part-time outsource support either on a full-time or interim basis for product safety, HSE or environmental. Examples are as follows:
- Manufacturing site had a loss of containment from an overpressure cause which resulted in a shutdown of operations. Our experienced hazardous materials person assisted with the root cause analysis, corrective action, safety training of area personnel, procedure revision and monitoring of the process restart followed by product safety evaluations of the finished product. The duration of the work was three months.
- In-house review of safety systems on a full time basis for four months for a major client where our consultant was resident in the facility to facilitate inspections, assessments, reviews and meetings to perform a comprehensive evaluation. This was attorney lead by LBI to ensure attorney-client privilege for findings and reports.
- EH&S support on project basis, and more.
- OSHA compliance inspections/audits for facilities and construction. This is often a cold-eyes review by our professionals to ensure a fresh look at potential and actual issues or confirmation of all safety aspects evaluated correctly by existing safety staff.
- Program review, planning, and compliance documentation. After program or product evaluation a comprehensive report will detail the confirmation of the current status or list areas to be address. This will ensure a documentation of compliance or areas for further review which if performed as an attorney lead assessment then the findings can be established within the attorney client privilege.
- Employee training, Job Hazard Assessments, and more. Specialized assessments can form the basis for additional training programs to provide for a safer and more productive workforce. Job Hazard Assessments are an opportunity to identify hazards for mitigation and worker safety. These can also form the basis for custom training which provides demonstration leadership in the area of safety.
Integrated Safety and Sustainability Management
- Sustainability program development can be important to clients and customers. Studies have shown that a substantial number of customers will buy a product which has proof of environmental stewardship which includes sustainability. These elements typically ensure more efficient use of materials or safer materials which improves sustainability and inherently includes safety as an outcome.
- Employee training and education, and more. Program assessments and reviews can lead programs to create custom training programs which further employee education in the areas of sustainability.
Emergency Response and Planning
- Fire, flood, earthquake, medical emergency, and security program development. Our experience includes both large-scale and new start-up facilities emergency and earthquake plans and drills.
- Complete site analysis, written plans, training, and more. Our site analysis has included large-scale facilities which were on large fault lines and carried significant risk especially as chemical using facilities.
Building/Equipment Startup and Decommissioning
- Decommissioning program development, training, and supervision. Our experience includes decommissioning of plating facilities, semiconductor plants, research laboratories, office areas, and specialized chemical usage and wastewater plants.
- Environmental and surface sampling, decontamination, and more. We have experience with Level 1 & II reports, groundwater remediation, soils remediation, and air sampling.
Product Safety Analysis
- Safe product design such that we are involved up front in the design when the opportunity is best for incorporating changes due to findings, as well as, assessments of mature designs for product safety including foreseeable misuse.
- Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Ergonomic, Environmental hazard analysis, and more to develop a thorough review of hazard aspects and suggested steps for improvement of the product.